View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 01:19 PM   #3
CarModDave
AF Newbie

Re:

For the hood latches, go to the Scalemotorsports website - http://www.scalemotorsport.com/default.asp - and click on "Other Great Stuff" then "Instruction Sets"( they are .pdf files ). Look at the instructions for any of the WRC sets ( I used the Ford Focus set for reference ). You should see how to "build" the latches. Therey are multi piece and require some careful bending but look killer when done right.

HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot5
I just received this photoetched set by S27 for Nissan 350Z.
The parts that are circled are called "fasteners" in the instruction sheet but it's not specified where it should go. I find that SMS call the first one "hood latch assembly". Where should I put them on my model????

If any of you remember, I started a thread asking why PE sets are for "advanced" model builders. Now I know... because the instruction sheet just shows the obvious parts like speaker grill, brake rotor, and emblems. It does not show where to fold the PE piece nor where small parts should go.... I'm starting to regret that I just ordered SMS's PE set for my next model: Tamiya's Opel Astra Coupe.
CarModDave is offline   Reply With Quote