Thread: turbo help
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 01:32 AM   #5
white97ex
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to white97ex Send a message via Yahoo to white97ex
Re: turbo help

well the pic is kinda dark. but i'll take a stab at it. moving from left to right, or front to back however you want to look at it. that is a hanging turbo set up. the part you have marked as the inlet, is the actual compressor part. the filter/intake piping is attached to the front part of the turbine. the intercooler or charge piping is connected to the snail looking portion which you have marked with the inlet arrow. the question mark is the exhaust turbine housing. there is a turbine wheel in there, that is spun by the exhaust gasses from the motor, and connected via a shaft to the intake housing. is that what you were looking for? try checking out the progress thread in my sig for my twin turbo set up. that gives you an idea of how everything is run. the only thing i dont have on that build is the filter. but it should look something like this <----I-I---------------= (legend: <intake filter, first I is the intake housing, second I is the exhaust housing, followed by the exhaust piping.) that is how it would look if you had the intake and the exhaust mounted to the turbo without the manifold and charge piping. from the first I which is the compressor or intake housing, would come the intercooler piping, and the second I or exhaust housing would be attached to the manifold.

I'd rather be hated for Who I Am than be loved for Who I Am Not
white97ex is offline   Reply With Quote