View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Re: What's my best chance of seeing an F1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1GTRUeno View Post
I know plenty of you have travelled for hours and through different countries to see them so I should really take inspiration from that level of dedication and get off my arse to see one finally eh?
Yes!

It does seem like GWFOS will always be your best chance to see one in the UK - that said, there are no guarantees. Outside of the F1 Tours, I've been fortunate to see as many F1s as I have by simply being in Monterey for Car Week as often as possible. Some years have been better than others, but I also missed a couple of chances on years that I skipped. The one constant is that they typically don't come to you, so you have to be wherever "there" is to hopefully take advantage.

If you wanted to really take a trip with guaranteed results you could also look to the museum near Cape Town, South Africa where chassis #023 is on display or the one in Naples, Florida where you will find chassis #022. I would recommend contacting either location in advance just to be sure the car will be there as they do rotate their displays, but both are pretty good options.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 02-05-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote