View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #86
Make 'em Last
AF Newbie

Re: Grand Prix "Take a Break" Thread

Now that you won't be buying a new Grand Prix, what new performance cars interest you? Camaro? Mustang? Audi?

My '99 Olds Intrigue has 193K and I'm weary of working on it. And even if I did, I would have an Intrigue. Don't get me wrong, it's been a great sporty, family sedan we bought new Oct. '99.

Kids are raised, and I now have a chance to buy a car for me. This is a first, as I've previously bought vehicles for other purposes - including my F-250 bought in Colorado to tow my son's Ranger home.

Absolutely no regrets. But now I'm looking for me. Conflicting goals - my daily driver does 500 miles per week. Gas prices are increasing. But I want more enjoyment per mile. Current 6 cly direct injection engines are efficient & peppy, but I long for the deep throated roar of a V8.

The new Camero SS convertible brings back memories of my Dad's '65 Chevy Caprice Super Sport convertible (I was in HS). Canary yellow with white top & interior. Our arrangement was simple - I kept it looking sharp, and I could borrow it on weekends for dates. On college track so no ride of my own. Can easily hit $40K for this Camaro. Yeah, I have trouble getting off the dime.

So I watch the roads each day commuting - most cars I see have no soul. You see the Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers & Challengers a mile off. Yeah, I see the GTPs too. Know the value of buying the 3-4 year old used cars, but really appreciate a new engine that I take care of from scratch.

Apologies for the ramblings. Several of you have offered sage advice over the years as I've "kept the wheels turning" on my 3.8L. Care about your thoughts on the future performance cars. Thanks in advance.

-- Scotty
'98 Ranger SuperCab 3.0L V6 180K
1st Born - '11 Mustang V6 Auto Black no badges
2nd Born - '10 Camaro V6 6sp Synergy Green
Make 'em Last is offline   Reply With Quote