View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 04:22 PM   #1
cameronrw
AF Newbie

89' Wrangler possible vacuum leak

So here is the story on my weber 32/36 for my 4.2. When I got it I could tell a slight sputter in performance at low speeds. I could hear an almost hissing sound when putting it into Drive and Reverse. In park and neutral I really didn't hear much. So I decided to make sure the Idle and mixture screw where in the correct place. I was noticing the Mixture wasn't really making any affect at the two turns out. Only when it was turned in completely was I able to to really feel the engine to run rougher. I then just put the idle and mixture screw in the recommended position. (1.5 turns and 2 turns).

Today I went back to jeep and it was basically refusing to start. I noticed I left the choke on all night (this weber has the manual choke) but I do not think that would cause this. I can get it to start and run as good as I did before by putting the idle screw all the way turned in. Now the mixture screw has basically zero affect. But it did not do much before this.

I am thinking this is a vacuum leak because of the hiss I can here when I put it in drive.

This is the engine now with the idle screw completely in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k4D...ature=youtu.be
cameronrw is offline   Reply With Quote