View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
ericn1300
AF Premium User

surging and stalling

Sylvester, my girls 92 Bravada just last week passed the smog check with well over 300k miles on it. My wife had been nagging me to get it done since the inspection was 30 days over due. Finally she went to her mothers in California for awhile and I got around to getting it tested. I sent her a simple text message that "Sylvester has passed". She freaked out and texted me back "Oh no what are we going to do for another car now? Did she wreak it or did it just die?" She loves that car.

So any way Sylvester started to surge Monday and the next day he stalled while my daughter was driving and wouldn't restart. Had him towed to my mechanic and he said it started right up and couldn't find a problem.

My oldest daughter mentioned that the weather had just changed to wet and cold and that she suspected the distributor. I vaguely remember some posts about non Del-co Caps causing problems in wet weather in the s-10's but a search turned up nothing. Does anybody have any input on this? or is it just women's intuition.
ericn1300 is offline   Reply With Quote