View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 05:58 AM   #11
keokikenisi
AF Newbie

Re: Any other SVXs out there?

I used to own one but I sold it to my brother. He proceeded to roll it. I know, how the hell do you roll an SVX. It inolves him traveling too fast on a dirt road with a steep dirt bank, a tight corner and bald tires. You can ask himself if you like. I think he posted pictures at www.chrisdenise.com. Anyways, I think he owns three right now. One red one with a 6spd manual, one pearl with the original auto and the black one (my old SVX) which is the rolled one. He has done all sorts of things to them so if you have any questions about whether or not it works, email him from his sight. I think he actually bought a forth gutted one to strip the body panels to repair the one he rolled.

I have seen a number of them out here in Hawaii. On Maui, and island of just 120k people or so, I have identified at least 4. Here in Honolulu I have seen at least a dozen more. There is even a few modified ones out here in Honolulu, seeing as how the rice rocket craze is out of control here. With the auto tranny these cars are fast. They kind of move slowly off the line for the first 15-20mph but as soon as the high rpms kick in they rocket. There isnt more then about a second between about 20 and 40. Same thing once it hits about 55. The upper rpms of 2nd gear is just amazing there. If you are trying to beat someone off the line, you need a turbo and a 6spd manual, but if you are looking for upper end numbers, these things are good. I personally hit 140 in mine and it felt like about 90 or 100.