View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:10 AM   #9
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Re: Kit Review: Lancia Delta S4 - Profil 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmech
Happy birthday! I have 4 profil24 kits and to be honest ive been disappointed by all of them. To be honest, hes a good sculptor but hes a horrible engineer. His kits always look promising out of the box but once i start working on them there are always major issues with fit and function. Especially my 2001 MG LM, the body will never fit on the chassis plate and i will probably have to eventually build a chassis oplate from scratch. The worst is that im really tempted to get this Delta kit but i dont think i can bring myself to buy it. Be very cautious and test fit every thing 3 times before committing to glue!!! Just a warning, but please let us know how it goes and maybe you will convince me to get one. Honestly the price is really good for a full detail resin kit but i just fear the headaches and rage. Maybe im just unlucky, so good luck to you and enjoy! Keep us posted!

PS, those vac form fender flares are going to be a real pain in the butt, i can tell. Be light with the paint if using laquer or they will melt and the dont flex them to much or the paint is going to crack up. Try reinforcing the inside with sheet plastic. Sorry to be so negetive, i just wish it wasnt Profil24 that did this kit cus i want to build one really bad. Cheers

Thanks for your contribution.
I'm a bit sad to read all that bad things happening to you about Profil 24 but I couldn't say contrary, I only own 2 Profil 24 kits, the metro and the S4...
I don't know their LM kits.
I always thought Profil 24 kits were very nice and accurate, I'm starting understanding anything else...
I thought to buy the Peugeot 905 one time, but I will surely thing about it twice !!
The kits are always nice and good looking on their pictures (uhh am I naive ? would they not be nice ? ), if they really are worse while building I still couldn't notice that as I only have test some fitting and examinate parts, but still haven't build or paint anything.

For vacuformed parts to build the wheel arches, you're right, thanks for the advice.
I think I will completely rebuild them with thicker and stronger materails.

I still haven't found time to make the comparison with the 43° parallele kit, but I will asap.

Phil
rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote