View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 07:11 AM   #3
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Re: Kit Review: Lancia Delta S4 - Profil 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjelic
I got mine to, few things are bothering me, maybe I didn't check enough but....here we go.

Lights: there is no way to make lens covers from clear part (no vacuformed lights inclouded, don't get me wrong those light lenses look fine but no real depth in them, so I would rather go with plain vacform, same thing go for light pods, you can not make them open because there is no glass.
Wheels: even thou they are wrong type, mine seem a bit warped (not perfectly round), if I find any afftermarket solutions this would be first thing to change.
Instructions: are incredible but also a bit confusing because there are lot of parts involved, some kind of parts list could be handy. same goes for decal placing, all of the decals have numbers but on guide....nothing.
Tail lights need lot of corrections and from the way they are made this will be a bit difficult to do.
This is just at first glance.

But don't get me wrong, this is one of the best full resin kits I have ever seen.
Hi Sasa,

I completely agree with you about lights and extra lights, I was thinking the same as I'm now exploring the kit and its parts more deeper

Light lens are usually nice with this standard, but these ones are not perfect.
I prefer the Gass model ones.
And finally I'm wondering if I wouldn't have prefered clear plastic lens...

I also found that extra lights lenses were missing in the kit whereas listed on building instructions ?

I didn't get some particular troubles reading and following them but right, there are many informations and codes...

I didn't look at the rims too long (I probably should) but it seems that mine arent perfectly round, too, but I firstly thought it was an optic effect due to molding lines and rests to be cleaned...
I also quickly thought to replace them so maybe I wasn't enough efficient in my review and didn't spend enough time examinating them, sorry.

I still have a doubt about the seats geometry; I will put my hands back on my other S4 kit this afternoon and make a few comparisons this evening if I can find time to.

solution for me is probably to mix what coudl be between these 2 kits, but it's accepting to sacrifying one for the other...
not a real solution I suppose.

thanks for your contribution, Sasa

Phil
rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote