View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 04:11 AM   #5
Reverse2057
AF Newbie

Re: Rough Idle? Also Buzzing Alternator question?

Thanks for the replies guys,

As for power steering noise being one of the possibilities, while I'm not ruling it out completely already, I will add that I know how noisy the Ford power steering can be. I can typically identify the sound of mine and one thing I forgot to mention with this buzzing noise, is with the car in park, I'll rev the motor up to about 15-20 mph, and the noise quiets or smooths out somewhat.

And during the video recording I didn't move the steering, so I would assume the power steering to not be one of the problems, at least not the one giving cause to the rough idling that is my main concern next to this buzzing noise.

Do you think the bearing is going bad in the alternator if the noise smooths out when I rev the engine? The rough idling seems to smooth a little as well while this happens, and when i let off the gas it returns back to its rough idling and buzzing noise from the alternator.

I will, as an aside when I have the money once I fix this rough idling/buzzing noise, is get the power steering fluid flushed and replaced.
Reverse2057 is offline   Reply With Quote