View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #85
coloradotype-s
AF Newbie

Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

I am glad I found someone talking about this. I am currently "sponsored" by sport compact pro and I feel like an idiot for paying my $88 about 2 months ago. First of all I have to say that they are nearly impossible to get a hold of and when I finally think I am talking to a person who seems like they really want to help me get parts for my car - then the next day I call to find out that they no longer work there. So I've tried for almost 2 mos to get a turbo kit for my 2005 Acura Type S. But for some reason SCP cant get it. So I've tried to order other things like LSD or Clutch kit only to find that there prices are higher than what i've found anywhere else. They say they will pay up to 55% of parts and labor. I have yet to find anyone who has received anykind of discount at all. I wanted a local tuning shop to do my install and after 3 weeks of phonetag they finally contacted the tuner only to try and negotiate his price and not have to pay anything at all. Supposively that saved me $200 which gets deducted from my $12000 sponsorship and they did not have to pay a penny. Please save yourself the money and the headache and dont let them talk you into a "sponsorship". Anyone can find a better deal on parts and labor if they just do a little browsing themselves.
coloradotype-s is offline   Reply With Quote