View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 08:12 PM   #12
Beasthogan
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Engine dies once warm

I have a Eagle Talon built in 1989 and sold as a 1990-1G. I have the same problem as Black2000Ranger with his Talon.
So far I've;
cleaned the throttle body
changed the MAFS, exhaust sensor, coolant sensor and thermostat.
With the key in the on position the dash registers: radiator and water lights.
I checked the top and bottom radiator hoses and sometimes the top is hot and the bottom not so hot. I imagine that the radiator has an amount of crud that needs flushing.
This problem of running fine at cooler temperature then shutting off at running temperature was a gradual thing not all at once.
Before when I could make it to the freeway, the car would run just fine because it would run cooler. I had forgotten that I had removed the thermostat. Once I would get off of the freeway and be on the streets for a few minutes the car would then shut off until the engine cooled off.
The dash never registers that the car is hot, about 1/4 the way only.
Next I will flush the radiator.
Oh and by the way, I had the engine rebuilt at approx. 147,000 miles in 2013 and only put approx. 4000 miles since.

On 7/20/17 I solved this problem. After purchasing a very expensive Camshaft position sensor for approx. $325.00 I was in the process of changing it when I noticed that the factory installed one that was on the car was loose. It has two bolts, one on either side or sensor. Anyway I replaced the old sensor with the new sensor and now the car runs great.

Last edited by Beasthogan; 07-22-2017 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Beasthogan is offline   Reply With Quote