View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
Cannonball25
AF Newbie

Please HELP with my alarm that keeps going off!

I'm at my wits end here and would greatly appreciate anyone's help. The alarm on my 2003 Santa Fe has been going off at all hours of the night recently and I don't know what to do.

I live in a high-rise apartment building and park my Santa Fe in the lot below. Recently the alarm has been set off for no reason at all maybe 3 or 4 times a week, usually in the middle of the night. There's no one or no thing around at the time when this happens so it's obvious the thing is malcuntioning. My keyless remote that disarms the alarm won't reach down there from my balcony so I've been waking up and running downstairs at 4am to shut the thing off, no doubt pissing off a couple hundred neighbors.

The owner's manuel says that by pressing the "Lock" butten when exiting the car that this action arms the alarm. So I've stopped doing that and instead have been manually locking the doors but this doesn't seem to have solved my problem. I also took a look at the fuse box hoping to find the alarm fuse so I could rip it out but no such labeled fuse is in there.

Aside from taking a sledgehammer and swinging for the fences underneath that hood, I am now out of ideas. This has made me crazy and I'm sure my neighbors are ready to kick me out. Please, please, please, if anyone has any ideas at all how to permanently disarm this alarm or at least how to stop it from malfunctioning, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks so much.

- Rob

Last edited by Cannonball25; 04-23-2006 at 01:10 PM.
Cannonball25 is offline   Reply With Quote