View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 08:40 PM   #10
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: 1994 Camry.... Catalytic or not????

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizler View Post
Remember one thing. Since it’s pre 1996 they don’t have to hook it up to Big Brothers computerized snitch machine. Hence you get nothing but an old fashioned inspection. Soooooo nobody’s gonna know or get To care what you have on there.
Enjoy the ride while you can with no screwing around fixing useless senseless ����������Gas cap codes and the like. I always advise guys with older cars to make sure to get theirs inspected at the good old boy local shops. Treasure that good old boy like he was family. I give my guy 30-50 gallons of waste oil a year to heat his shop and am happy to do it. The ones that help keep you going rather than lightening your pockets����������. Such is life in Neuyorkistan.........
The '94 V-6 1MZ-FE Camry is OBD-II compliant and there is the possibility that you have to have the correct exhaust system configuration or not pass emissions. The '94 I-4 is OBD-I and not compatible with the current emissions testing methods.

JH32552 has not stated what engine he has. He should check the sticker under the hood for the details. IMO, no matter what the case, get the part numbers from a Toyota parts counter and install whatever Toyota used originally.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote