View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #1
502_belden
AF Newbie

2012 traction control / Stabilitrack

Hello, I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT extended cab with the 5.3L V8 motor, 6 speed Automatic Transmission, and 4 wheel drive.
I have a Traction control / Stabilitrack light that has came on and will not go off. When I try to read a code from the truck it does not show a code with my handheld code reader. Is there a reasonably priced code reader that can read the transmission codes ( Do not think mine is capable of Transmission codes).

Back to issue: There is a single switch in my truck that is designed to turn on or off this function (currently not causing any change of condition). Light came on about 35,ooo miles for a single day and went back off. The light has t has recently came back on, and the truck now has 115,ooo miles on it. I have serviced the truck since new by the manufacturer specifications. (Currently the 4 wheel drive is functioning properly and the truck other wise drives properly... engages and disengages).

Truck has recently had front struts and rear shocks replaced. The light was on prior to replacement of these parts. Any assistance I can get with this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks!
502_belden is offline   Reply With Quote