Old 07-13-2006, 11:30 AM   #37
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Re: KA Bolt-ons and N/A Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_N_Run-player
Nitrous for DD/streetcar---dumb and useless

Nitrous for drag/strip car-----has its ups if you can do it safely

But i dont think he is going to be building a stip car so i drop the nitrous idea
I should have clarified... but YES I totally agree with this statement!

I asked the orginal poster for what purpose he was using the car/his goals... but I never got an answer... but...

I mean yeah... it's very stupid if you are spraying on every Honda you see on the road. Nitrous in the hands of any idiot can be dangerous to an engine and to oneself (just like a turbo). Really if you think about it... nitrous (in the hands of an intelligent/mature person) is really practical if your car is used for DD and the Strip/Track like my car. While DD'ing your car has the practicality of a street car... when you need the power for drag racing all it takes is a twist of a knob and a flip of a switch. Have you ever had the pleasure of turning off your turbo? How pratical is a turbo? I think the answer is: That is the reason why they make NA cars!

Nitrous is one of the OG mods of our times and it has come along way IMO. I guess if you look down on nitrous that is just your preference I guess and I respect that. Myself? Well I love turbo's too... don't get me wrong. I hope to own a boosted Z someday along with my NA/Nitrous track Z. But I'll stick by nitrous anyday as a nice power-adder on an NA car.

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote