Thread: Daewoo Nubira
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #4
MeettheCreeper
AF Regular

Re: Re: Daewoo Nubira

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajean60
Thanks for the reply, I will check it out. By the way, I had the fuel injector sensors change with the recall. My check engine light finally went out. Last month I had my car vandelized, tires slashed and something was put in my gas tank. I spotted it before I started the car. I had it put on a flat bed and taken to the shop where they dropped the tank and clean it out. Put a new fuel filter on it for good measure. Filled it up with gas and then when it got down to about a quarter of a tank, the check engine light went on. Been constant since. Related or not?? Car only has 50,000 and is a 1999. Runs great so far and in fact, my gas mileage went to 30 from 24. Any ideas??
LJ

First you have bad control arm bushings, its better and easier to replace the whole control arm IMO. I have also seen bad sway bar links make noise. The sockets dry out and make noise.

Your check engine lite could be on for 600+ reasons.

I dont know of any fuel injector sensor. Perhaps you are speaking of Cam position sensor??? THere is a recall on that.

You may have left the gas cap loose when you filled it. THat will cause the MIL to turn on.

I have also replaced several injectors on Daewoos for misfire problems. Mostly they are sticking form lack of lubrication.
MeettheCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote