View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #16
sixseas
AF Regular

Re: Could a 3 Cylinder Metro be made to run on Ethanol?

Doctor Bill, I agree there are very good sources of energy available and many yet to be developed . These energy sources should have been exploited after the fuel crisis of the 1970s. Our government likely because of special interest funding chose to shelve almost every alternative until ADM lobbied heavily for its portion of the fuel dollar pushing Ethenol into our fuel system.

I don’t expect any changes in the near future. They will ease us up and over $4 a gallon and go for $5 $6…$12 a gallon and so on. That is okay I guess if we are willing to accept a life as a servant to the Saudi Sheetheads who buy our rulers and drive our economy and make decisions on the quality of our lives.

The people who run the country, the Republicans and Democrates parties, both bought and paid to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to anything that would disrupt the Saudi oil party will try their best to keep things as they are. Note the 125 million dollar mansion Sheek Bandar just sold in Colorado and the others in Florida New York and California. The guzzler boys paid for that lavish life style while they themselves are likely still wrestling with the concept of rent or house and car payments. The oily boy party will go on given the pitiful choice of yes big oil type rulers the ruling parties have selected for us to vote for. You have a vote but like a company owned and funded union you can vote for the big oil or for big oil its your choice. Billions of dollars in funding from special interests including the big oily boys have flushed away potentially hundreds of strong competing candidates and their parties who may dare to challenge the neglect of our environment and rapidly deteriorating strength of our country.

We appear to be left to our own devices. The 1.0L power plant appears to be the most efficient reliable and practical tool we have to combat a rough future with runaway fuel prices and possible shortages.
sixseas is offline   Reply With Quote