Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #16
boxsta
AF Newbie

Re: Tires

FYI - Riken Raptor's are made by Michelin...google Michelin Riken Raptor. They were built by Michelin and are a perfectly fine tire...if you run your tires hard and don't get alot of wear out of them, they are about half the price of Continentals, Michelins, Pirelli's, etc. So why pay more? They are Z-rated tires. I have a Porsche and we have Nissan drift car. The Riken's are a little noisier, but they run fine for what you get out of any ultra performance tire. Don't sweat it. I paid half what I would have paid for Michelin Pilot Sport or Dunlops and get about the same tire life. Works for me! I go to alot of Porsche meets and drift rallys and alot of guys are using these tires just for the price point alone. Just thought you might want to know. If you are looking for a super high performance tire...you have to shell out the big bucks. But I'm just not willing to do that every year. I have better things to do with my money! Hey our drift car is to the ground, so camber can be an issue and I have a welded rear end. We went through a set of Continentals in one month! $1200 in less than five weeks. I put Rikens on for $550!
boxsta is offline   Reply With Quote