Old 10-16-2005, 06:10 AM   #5
BadDog2000
AF Newbie

1980 Ford Courier Info

Airea, The info that I can find is as follows:

1980 Ford Courier had the following percentages of engines:

4 Cylinders 140 B 2.3L 2BL 70 %
4 Cylinders 120 C 2.0L 2BL 30 %

The 4 cyl. 120 C 2.0 2BL has a valve cover which is interchangeable with the 1984 Mazda Pickup. I have installed one on my mazda. If you have a wide (approx. 10" wide) aluminum valve cover. It should show the firing order. Mine does. The engine stands almost perfectly straight up and down. I don't know what the 2.3 motor looks like. I think it is like a pinto motor and slants with a skinny painted valve cover. You should be able to find a user manual on ebay or at an autoparts store. I know that the firing order for the 1984 mazda is 1-3-4-2 and # one is in the front of course. I am not sure what the firing order is on your particular truck. All of the body parts except for the grill and headlights are interchangeable with the first generation mazdas. The running lights in the mazda fender are higher but will bolt on. The interior parts do not interchange. Hope this helps and how about a picture! I have 3 1984 mazda b2000 first generation pickups and would like to see more! Good Luck! Keith