View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #3
suvguy
AF Newbie

Re: fixing the fuel sending unit

I'm interested in this as well. I have a 2000 and aI have the FSU sitting on the shelf from St. Charles waiting to go in. Would hate to go through all that work to continue to have problems.

suvguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsm
First off. GM Canada has changed its policy with the fuel sending unit (FSU). They will not repair the FSU under warranty under any circumstances now. As I was told "you are on your own". Even though the FSU is one part with the fuel pump, now the FSU is not covered under the powertrain warranty. This policy has changed since december.

So I called Merlin at St.Charles Isuzu to order one for my 2000 rodeo ls and I found out that the FSU is made specifically for the 1999 model My 2000 rodeo pcm would have to be reprogrammed and even after the reprogramming St. Charles Isuzu has had customers return with complaints. So they only change the FSU on 1999 models only. All other models they replace the whole fuel pump.

So my questions are

1) Has anybody replaced their FSU successfully on 2000 and later models? Did you have to reprogram the pcm

2) Can my currently damaged FSU be removed and repaired (say clean contacts or tweak something)

I'm cheering for #2

John
suvguy is offline   Reply With Quote