Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2001, 01:44 AM   #7
qab5b
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to qab5b
Yokohama AVS and A520's are great summer and track tires. If your friend with E36 M3 wants winter traction with one set of tires, then he better either get a different car (like already said), or bite the bullet and get winter tires! BMW's are MISERABLE in the snow, unless with 4-wheel drive (which even has a rear drive bias since 1988) My E30 M3 is VERY good in the snow BUT i have a set of Blizzaks and a Quaife differential. Be warned, Yok's are HORRIBLE in the winter. My bro had some AVS Intermediates (wonderfull summer and track tires) on his G20, and it SUCKED in the snow. I had my AVS Intermediates and Toyo T-1S on my car for a winter each, and it was ABSOLUTELY horrible. My bro's Potenzas are much better in the snow, but not nearly as good in the dry. I borrowed his g20 while my car was in the shop the other week, and his potenza's were decent in the wet (pretty comparable to A520's and better than AVS Intermediates), but couldn't match the A520's on my car in the dry by far (car and suspension aside). Still good tires for an all weather comprimise.

Another good all around tire is the Pirelli P6000 sport veloce. They are good dry,wet, and decent in the snow (for most tires, but can't touch snow tires)

1988 BMW E30 M3 (fun)
1988 Sterling 825 (commuter car)

qab5b is offline   Reply With Quote