View Single Post
Old 01-14-2002, 12:26 AM   #7
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
Quote:
Originally posted by YogsVR4
For 5K I would think mods are not going to be coming for awhile. You should redirect any mod money to getting a better car. However, if getting a quick car reliable car for 5K is what you want. The Tarus SHO is not a bad bet. It has the best engine that Ford ever built.
At first I was gonna suggest a 87-93 Mustang and I still will. As long as you not tooo picky bout having a car that is only really a 2 seater. Those engines are bullit proof. I have an 83' wit a 302 and it has 260,000 beat on miles and still runs fine. Also the are a ton of parts the engine is a lot easier to work on than a jap car and parts are cheaper. You can get an absolute cherry one for $5000 and good luck finding one that hasn't already been moded. Avoid autos though, weak tranny

But then I saw YogsVR4 suggestion and agree. This was my first car so I can tell you the FORD Taurus SHO is an awesome car. This car was designed to compete with the Maxima and even more so BMW 3-series. You can get it with a 5-speed,sunroof, leather, etc.., This car is faster than a Maxima SE and turns better. The years you want is between 92-95 this is before the used the ugly body with the slower V-8. Prob with this car is it does not have the best engine ford ever made... It has the best engine Yahama ever made. The V-6 is made by Yahama and puts out 2220hp at 3.0L for the 5spd and 3.2L with auto both have same hp rating. Because of this parts for this engine can be very expensive cause they come staright from Japan. Also the aftermarket parts for this car are tought to find and very expensive. But if you want a sharp looking 4-door car that can run with a 5.0 Mustang and then out turn it, this is the right car.

P.S. The engines are know for getting 200,000+ miles
GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote