View Single Post
Old 06-04-2001, 12:45 AM   #2
R35
AF Enthusiast

Niether one is a Skyline GT-R so I'm not all too worried about performance on either vehicle, but you did bring up a good point.

Nissan/Inifiti does claim 0-60 in 5.9 and with a 340hp engine you would think "why not"?

When both cars first came out over a decade ago I thought the Infiniti line were butt ugly compared to the Lexus line, but it looks like either Infiniti finally got it, Lexus is starting to beat their cars with an ugly wrench or I'm getting old and less bitchy about looks. Nah!:finger:

Don't think anyone would be unhappy with either car, but if you want to twist my arm and force me to choose...............

OK I go with the Q45.

My reason's: Nissan is making a big turn around and my guess is with better tires and and a little adjustment with the gears it will be able to overcome it's few mis-leadings. Also again when these cars first came over from Japan, they were supposed to be a great alternative to the high end Europian cars at a great VALUE.

Lexus is started to join the price of the cars is was meant to replace. Still a great value true, but if you were going to spend $60K you have quite a few other cars to look at. For a starting price still at $50K the Q45 is a much better car.

My .02 cents