View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 08:34 PM   #8
TatII
AF Fanatic

you calling a GT-R a POS and this is coming from a driver of a EVO 8. yes i know a EVO 8 will outperform a dated R32 GT-R. but Nick Wong bought the car back in Hong Kong and imported the car here himself. the only reason why the engine blew was becuase of oil starvation during high cornering loads at the road race portion of the ultimate street car challenge. the engine blew 700 ft before the finish line and it still finished in 7th place for the time attack. the skyline had a 100 pt lead overall compared to the rest of the field.

this is a amazing machine. it just happen to be back luck that struck this car. plus a GT-R will make waaay more power then your little 4G63 can ever dream off when you compare bolt vs bolt on power. and it will walk your EVO 8 like a dog on the highway.

don't get me wrong, i love the EVO 8. i know 3 friends who owns them. and one of them is my best friend. but even my friend with the EVO would give up his EVO for a GT-R anyday. even if its a older R32. and don't you think its not fair to compare a 2003 car to a car that came out in 89? if you compare the EVO 1 to the R32 GT-R back in 92. the EVO got murdered by over 2 seconds at tsukuba circuit. even if you compare it now. the R34 GT-R v-spec II down right beats the EVO 8 GSR. and thats not even the top of the line GT-R which is the R34 GT-R Nur Spec which has 400hp. even though its proven that the R34 is proven to put down 350whp bone stock.

so i just think calling a GT-R a POS is just not right esp if you drive a EVO. you calling a GT-R a POS is like calling your car a POS also.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote