View Single Post
Old 09-08-2001, 07:08 PM   #8
Steel
AF Fanatic

Question glue..

Im more into military models, (starting to get into cars) but this applies to all models: the glue i use is in the tube, and can get quite messy quite quickly!! like oozing out of cracks and then glue strings...what other kind of glue ...er cement in model terns is there? something that isnt so gooey and messy?

Im still an amatuer (even though i have an aztek A370 airbrush.that thing is the shit) and i just want to know how to get better.

Oh yeah, and when it comes to decals: I just built an F-15 to give to my ex as an apology and sho she wont dump me (it failed...but that's another story) The painjob i had on it, on a scale of 1-10 IMO was aobut a 6. Problem is, the decals ripped like there was no tomorrow!! there was nothing i could do!! not even GOD could have slid them off that paper without tearing them into a million gooey pieces!! What was i doing wrong? I was forces to use the scarce F-16 decals that i had left, and they seemed to work OK. Was it just the decals?

Also: Is using Krylon clearcoat (satin, for my military models) good to use on the models? it seemed to work fine...i dunno if itll have adverse effects later on in the models life

phew

next: the decal setter stuff..it says it's supposed to make the decals wrinkly. Problem is that the decals never seemed to get UNwrinkly! ack! what to do!?

Finally (or so you hope ) uh..i forgot...oh yeah, masking. Right now im using this weird stuff called "parrafin M" or something. Its a film, you cut it, stretch it to aobut 5 times its legth, and it has a tacky (very light) wax on one side to mask with. problem is that stuff can be a bitch to work with. Anybody have an advice on what to use to mask? it's also hard to get that stuff exactly where you want it.

ok, ill give you a break right now. It would just be cool if there could be a big Modelers convention so you guys can show me this IRL.

anyhoo, thanks for any advice you can give!
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote