View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #30
balls_to_the_wall
AF Enthusiast

Re: How much money did you spend on audio?

The reason I went with behringer for my sub amp, preamp, and crossover is that they do good stuff for pretty reasonable prices. If I woulda had some more money, I probably wouldn't have went with the EP2500, but the other amps I would have gone for were atleast a couple hundred more it seemed like, plus it puts out plent power for an ED e8a. My main amp is a ART (applied research and technology) SLA-1, from what I understand, ART makes only 2 amps, mine and the SLA-2. The thing I like most about this amp is its SMALL, simple, quite and seems very well built. When I upgrade my main amp I will most likely get the SLA-2, I am pretty darn impressed with the SLA-1. The behringer is kinda what I expeced from a huge ass amp, loud (fan, gonna have to swap in a quieter one for it), heavy (40lbs), and seems a little more cheaply made than my ART (which it probably is). I'm not saying its a bad thing, it just seems "cheaper", but for the money per watts, thats kinda to be expected.

But you ought to be pretty darn happy with that EP1500 to drive your mag for HT.

My .02$
balls_to_the_wall is offline   Reply With Quote