View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 03:44 PM   #1
canadianbiz
AF Newbie

Bye Bye Camry. bye bye! Bonvoyage

Old and tired 1987 Camry. Well it does have lots of miles and I have posted here about some of my problems but that will be the Last Ever fuel injected car or truck I ever buy. What a hassle. You fix one thing then its another when they get old. And the cost. One O2 sensor, like $65 and thats cheaper that the list price of $85. A sensor for water temp, looks just like a little spark plug with 2 wires attached. Broke that off when trying to adjust the distributor. $55 for that. Then after all that the darn thing is reving for no reason that I can figure out anyway. Engine light keeps coming on and going off. I think its the fuel pump giving out at a tune of about $500 shop rates. I have had it with this newer JUNK. No more. I bought an old carburated Toyota pickup today, and I can do my own tune up, change my plugs, spark plug wires which are separate from the distributor cap (not like my camry), fuel pump on the outside of the engine and it doesnt have all those sensors and gadgets like this camry. The shops and mechanics love those cars even though they have no idea how to fix them. The way I see it is that if you cannot buy a brand new car and get rid of it when the warranty is up, you had better buy an old thing that you can work on yourself or be prepared to pay dearly! JMO
canadianbiz is offline   Reply With Quote