View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 04:17 PM   #3
ncinirator
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ncinirator
Photo cloak?

Well I doubt this will work, but before I comment any further I will say that I am a police officer in Washington, D.C. trained in the use of photo-radar equiped with the Gatso camera system.

Photo-cloak looks like a sham to me. I dont condone the government placing vehicles all over the place to take pictures of the public driving, and speeding. I work the taffic enforcement for the MONEY! I dont think humans should be held to standards set & enforced by a computer, that makes no errors except for what is caused by human error of the person setting up the photo-radar car. Now the District of Columbia has set up a stationary speed camera, so that at 3am when no one is out on the road, which gives the public the ability so safely exceed the speed limit, they will be sniped by a speed camera. NOT FAIR!!!

Red light camera's I think should only be active during hours of heavy traffic, or when there is a time of heavy pedestrian traffic, not at 2:30, or 3:30 in the morning so you can stop and get car jacked at a intersectoin. If the car jacking takes place while you pass a red light then the perp will get caught, but since you will be stopped the camera will be useless while you get your a$$ beat and shot.... The stealth tag needs to be brought back. The company who makes it is willing to sell the patent, but money needs to be invested. http://www.integrale.demon.co.uk/stealth/car.htm
ncinirator is offline   Reply With Quote