View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #1
bugsbunny04
AF Newbie

04' GTO driveline

Ok, docs. My understanding is that the rear diff is a Dana 44, but I also read somewhere that it is a dana 80. All I want to know is, Can it handle:

#1 The LS1 w/special high torque cam the GTO comes with + up to 300hp nitrous shot, whatever is needed to hit the 10's?

#2 The LS1 above but with LS6 heads and Manifold + up to 300hp nitrous shot, whatever is required to hit the 10's?

#3 the engine in #2 without the nitrous but with however much boost from a supercharger will be required to hit the 10's?

Or do I have have do a diff swap? I really don't feel like swapping but I certainly don't feel like replaceing and I definately want to go mustang hunting

By the way, can the Tremec 6 speed handle all that too? I think it can but I would appreciate any input.
Detroit 3:16 says I just smoked your import!

Hey, those 24's and that chromed out grille look good... IN MY REAR VEIW MIRROR!

Yo hoss, did you say you got a new pioneer sound system? 3 10's, 6 sets of tweeters and 3000 watts? I got a new sound system too... 2 Flowmaster series 40 mufflers, some 3 inch pipe, a pair of hooker headers and 502 cubic inches
bugsbunny04 is offline   Reply With Quote