View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #89
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Nobody here is coming off as particularly insightful. Personally I liked the new colorado, I liked the larger size and styling over the S10 it replaced. I don't see how the same people can complain about the 5 cylinder motor and at the same time the environmental implications of americans love for high displacement power? I don't know what it is about some japanese car owners getting all self ritious, we are all using fossil fuels and any car with alot of power regardless of how it does it uses up lots of gas, lets not bring the environment into this or we are all guilty unless you drive the most fuel efficient car on the market. You didn't buy the car for its green appeal so don't talk like you care so much for everyone else and the planet because your car gets 5mpg more than the next guy. I do totally agree that the new monte has more power than it should up front, but the same thing goes for alot of japanese cars too. We have the new Eclipse with I think 260 HP to the front wheels, the Acura TL, and the Honda accord V6 off the top of my head . Personally the only ones who have it right are the BMWs and the Mercedes, all their family cars (although pricey) have RWD. The thing is, different strokes, different folks. If you go to a forum called cars I love and cars I hate, you should expect an argument, I can see no other reason to name a forum like that.