View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 07:53 AM   #2
Sticky Fingers
AF Enthusiast

Re: Quick Microset/ sol question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurchio
Question - can I use it on the poorly fitting declas I applied at the weekend that are already dry?

I just found it an absolute nightmare to get the decals to follow the contours on the dash - I'm assuming that Micro set/ sol will make this a whole lot easier!

Thanks in adavance for your help again - this newbie stuff is hard work learning from scratch!

I agree! This modelling business is hard work when you're a newbie!! I've came to terms with the fact that my first few models will be shite! And hopefully, by the fourth I'll have learned from my mistakes!!

With regards the dodgy decals - I THINK you're stuck with them. I too messed up some decals last night. I was putting seatbelt decals on my Peugeot 206 WRC and I arsed it. The first one ended up with the shoulder buckles nowhere near the holes, so I had no choice other than to make the other seat look the same!! I applied more micro but they wouldn't budge and for fear of them ripping I decided to leave them as is.

Take it as a painful & expensive learning curve. I'm sure all the top guys here have been where we are now.

When applying decals I've found that they work best on glossed/coated surfaces with a dash of microsol applied by brush to the area you're going to put them on. This will allow you to maneouvre them to where you want them to go. HOWEVER, this didn't work with the seats but this will be down to my newbie-ness and not the process.

Stick with it mate, we'll get there in the end

----------

In Progress : Peugeot 206 '02 WRC Safari