View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 07:37 PM   #20
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Itemized list of why not:

1. Because the TT is a direct drop in and parts for it both OEM and performance are everywhere.

2. Because even though I haven't researched this, I'm pretty damn sure TT engines are easier to find and cheaper than VH45s not to mention a lot easier to swap. Low cost and ease being two of the biggest draws to TT swapping.

3. Because with some simple bolt on mods that you can do while you swap, you can make alot of power with the TT engine. Enough to negate the higher initial output you get by swapping a VH45 and cheaper as well.

4. Because even the race prepped VH shown there was making a "mere" 450hp. I can get that out of a TT much easier. And to go beyond that with an NA requires either even more uber expensive engine work (like custom made cam profiles), nitrous (as in 1/4 mile or less) or turbo charging (requiring you to lower the 10.5:1 compression of the VH at a huge expense). Think of it this way, with both engines in stock trim the VH only makes another 40hp and 50 lbs of torque despite having 150% of the displacement the VG does not to mention ten more years of technology to draw from.

5. Because the only reason to do this swap is the unique factor for a show car or someone with way too much money for their own good.

6. Because this thread is about providing info for those looking to do the TT swap and why for the most part, its not a good idea. There is other threads about the merits of various other swaps.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline   Reply With Quote