View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #7
rcweston
AF Regular

Re: Service air bag signal

More testing.
Before I go any further, I would very much appreciate any info or precautions needed while working and testing this system. Last thing I want to do is launch one of these air bags!
Apparently my tool won't pull the needed codes. I don't have access to anything better. Could a o'riely or auto zone pull the codes with their readers?
From the drawings, it appears that each air bag has a shorting device and each connector also has one. Probably to stop any signal from getting to the igniter. But the sensors do not. The sensors and air bags each wire directly to the restraint and diagnostic module. It look pretty straight forward on paper, but finding all the connections could prove more difficult.
If anything here is incorrect, please correct me.
Much of this wiring is found under the drivers seat.
To try and simulate the conditions and results I am experiencing, I very slightly moved the wiring and connectors found under the drivers seat. No changes happened, the failure stayed and didn't clear.
I looked one last time and found a small wire going up the door side of the seat back, not the seat bottom. Upon touching it, the failure cleared.
Normally I would think that was good, but I want to fix the problem and not just put it off until it fails again.
Today it hasn't come back at all, no matter how I move around in the seat nor how I press on the floor.
I really don't want to go any further until I find out how to disarm the system to avoid any launches.
Thanks for everyone's info and experience.
Any thing you can tell me will be helpful.
Rcw
rcweston is offline   Reply With Quote