View Single Post
Old 07-17-2001, 09:11 PM   #19
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Well, I just took a look in the "Toyota - Nonspecific" thread, but I couldn't find anything about the conceptual Toyota RSC. Therefore, I will post this data in this thread, especially because it forms an analogy with the whole Toyota Matrix / Pontiac Vibe deal. Many of you are preferring Toyota's upcoming Matrix to Pontiac's Vibe.

So, what do you all think of the Pontiac R.E.V.? Interesting enough, no? Although, I haven't found any HARD information YET concerning some type of alliance between Toyota and Pontiac, I believe something is going on.

At the 2001 Chicago Auto Show, Toyota unveiled it's RSC (Rugged Sports Coupe). It appears to be another hybrid, this time of the SUV + rally coupe variety, while integrating an almost Millennium Falcon plus Baja-like RC-10 appeal. But this isn't why I am turning to AF for input & answers.

I haven't found any reports yet that the RSC and REV are related, but to me, they look like sister cars. Perhaps the REV has 2 extra doors, but that cannot mean much since most automakers are fully capable of transforming a car's skin into something far different, while retaining the same chassis. Take a look. Please give your feedback regarding which you prefer, AND what you might know about its relationship with the Pontiac.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg concept - rsc - front angle.jpg (54.9 KB, 50 views)
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote