View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
AF News Desk
Your Source For Auto News

Thumbs up Things You Want: This Twin-Turbo 458 Italia

Just when you thought the Ferrari 458 Italia - recently released as a spyder (convertible) model - couldn't get anymore awesome than it already is, someone (Underground Racing) decided to, you know, just add a couple of turbos.

But this wasn't just any "hey, lets turbo charge that Ferrari!" moment - the goal was to compete with a Lamborghini LP-700-4 Aventador.

The story (and more importantly, video) from AutoWeek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by By David Arnouts - AutoWeek, 10/25/11

Twin-turbo Ferrari 458 Italia takes on the Lamborghini LP-700-4 Aventador: Video

Exotic-car tuner Underground Racing from North Carolina prepared a Ferrari 458 Italia with a “bolt-on” twin-turbo system, boosting engine output to 700 hp.

For comparison, the tuner matched the blown Ferrari against a Lamborghini LP-700-4 Aventador and its naturally aspirated 6.5-liter V12, rated at 700 hp.

“We were interested to see how they stacked up against each other after seeing a twin-turbo Gallardo almost get beat by an Aventador,” Underground Racing president Kevin Howeth said. “[In the] first race, the Aventador driver didn't hear the horn beeps of the Ferrari, so the Ferrari got the hit. The second race, the Aventador got the hit.”
[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

I'm not sure how someone can watch that video and not want one of those 458s right now.

All I can say is, God bless people like Underground Racing for bringing us such awesome creations (and videos) as what has been displayed above.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to change my pants as that video has caused me to wet myself.

Email newsdesk@automotiveforums.com or send us a private message with a link to the content you think AF Members should check out!
AF News Desk is offline   Reply With Quote