View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #103
Roca46
AF Enthusiast

Re: Marlboro Yamaha YZR500 quartet

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelwideqvist View Post
It's hard to describe how it looked. It was like very very thin fibres, probably of primer residue but somehow it was on top of the very thin layer of clear that I put on. I can't say that it isn't dry paint powder from the spray booth that came in the air when spraying the clear.

I went over the parts with a q-tip and most of the greyish stuff disappeared. I then coated the parts in one mist and one wet coat of clear and it seems to have worked!!
The decals used are from an old Museum Collection sheet and I was afraid to lose it if sanding. I definately would have if I have had to take out the old brake fluid.

Before putting on the new layers of clear the nozzle and whole front end of the air brush went into thinner and I got rid of the old card board box that has been my spray booth. I'll see if the problems disappear, can't be much other factors can it?

/Joel

Glad to know you've saved the parts. The only thing that I have in mind is to purge the compressor with the filter, I have mine's installed at the exit of the air compressor, don't know if it has anything to do but... I can take a pictures tomorrow if you don't know what I mean.

Be sure to clean completely the airbrush, as you said the parts of the front are important and also the nozzle.

Roca.
Roca46 is offline   Reply With Quote