Thread: wits evd
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Re: wits evd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Nakamura View Post
I have this problem where when my clutch was not depressed to the floor it would make a whirring noise that got higher as I would give it gas, but only when my foot was not on the clutch. I was told that this was the throw out bearing. Being that I am a new Z owner and not entirely confident of doing it myself I took it to an angies list and checkbook rated mechanic to replace it. he does, and now not even a full day later its making the same noise. I don't have the money to keep taking this in and I really love the car but I can't keep listening to this noise, its just depressing, any thoughts or feedback would be most appreciated, if I have to read every manual there is and start fixing it myself I will.
Video of the noise as taken from the driver side just behind the front tire, I wasn't in the car but as I stated when I step on the clutch pedal the noise goes away. Goes faster and gets higher pitched as I give it gas. Throwout bearing replaced but Im wondering if it wasn't greased right either on the bearing or forks, any input would help

http://youtu.be/uc4G5CAy9j8
Welcome to A,

What year vehicle, give uss as much info as possible.

WHat was all replaced when the work was done??? Was the pressure plate and clutch plate also replaced??? Have you contacted the mechanic, should be under warranty.
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote