View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 10:10 PM   #3
PeteA216
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to PeteA216
Re: OEM Posi/LSD Clutch kit?

Thanks for the response! The link you posted has a great selection! I agree, and have been in the market for an 8.5" 10 bolt for quite some time. For some reason they're hard to come by in western NY setup for a 4-link suspension rather than a leaf spring suspension. On the occasion that I do find one, the seller normally wants $500+ for one in as-is condition. This 7.5 I got for $100, and its in seemingly great shape. (around here older parts like axles are normally severely pitted/rotted as salt is used heavily on the roads in the winter) Here's another (maybe seemingly stupid) question... I see the terms "duragrip" or "gov-loc" a lot... I know GM used the term "positraction" to describe their LSD's. Are the "duragrip" or "gov-loc" terms anything of significance? Also, I thought the carrier series only determined how close/far the ring gear flange was to the center of the axle to accommodate the smaller/larger pinion gear. Shouldn't the clutches theoretically be interchangeable amongst all 3 carrier sizes?