View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 10:32 PM   #10
recurve
AF Regular

Re: Help! 93 S10 Blazer Cranks, Won't Start

About a year ago, on our '95 Blazer, it threw an EGR code and the engine really loped bad and felt like it wanted to die easily. My memory is a little shaky but I think it might have died once at a stop light before I got home. At the time, I didn't know it was an EGR code, all I knew is that the engine was loping and I had a service engine light come on.

When I got home, I put the truck in park and raced the engine. Lots of black stuff came out the rear. I raced the engine for about 5 minutes and then it purred like a kitten. This was probably not the smartest thing to do, as it is probably rough on the engine, but I did it. The service engine light was still on and when I took the truck to the mechanic where they hooked it up to a scanner, it said it was an EGR code. I didn't do anything and a few days later the service engine light went away.

Anyway, the key thing that bothers me is a phrase from your first post "It absolutely will not start. It cranks, but simply will not start."

Seems to me that if it really was an EGR problem, you'd at least get some semblance of the engine burning some gas or trying to start. The fact that your starter would turn the engine over with no hint of the engine burning fuel sounds like a problem with the ignition switch. Search the forums here for problems with no dashboard lights, ignition switch, etc.

-- recurve
recurve is offline   Reply With Quote