View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #112
husky_jeff
AF Newbie

Re: 4T65E Transgo Shift Kit

Hey Bufbuh;

I'm a newbie too; have been lurking for ages considering what to do with my '04 Bonne's insane hard shifts - did the seafoam thing for about 500 miles which did nothing at all in helping to eliminate the hard shifts, and now have the accumulator assembly on the bench with the Transgo kit installed in it.

The thing is, I called the telephone number on Transgo's 4-page instruction sheet and talked to Jim, he said to definitely replace the EPC solenoid, as highlighted on page 2 - it says "EPC solenoid: Replace it! This solenoid fails with no metal contamination, even on perfectly clean low mileage transmission."

So I ordered an EPC solenoid off the net, got a Bosch part in a GM labelled sealed plastic bag. So now I'm considering the replacement process for the EPC - I don't have a repair manual for the car, so will be searching that info out on how to replace the EPC solenoid... maybe you know a link for that info?

As to your question on whether to replace / and how hard to replace the other parts in the Transgo kit - he told me that this Transgo kit was not meant to be a "fix all" for the hard shifting problem, but a kit intended to be used by rebuilders at the pint of a rebuild. For specifics on using the additional springs/seals/parts in the kit, I'd say call Jim at Transgo - he was very helpful, and didn't mind the questions at all. They're in the business of selling parts, and ultimately we're all buying parts.... Anyway, the number is (626) 443-7451, and just ask for technical support.

best regards,
Husky_Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbuh View Post
I have installed the Transgo Shift Kit 1-2 2-3 accumulator parts (springs, spacers), and I have the tranny side cover off to replace the solenoids.

Is it easy to install the extra parts that come with the Transgo Shift Kit while I have the side cover off with Tranny still in vehicle?

A. Springs for 3-4 accumulator
B. Seal for the third clutch piston, a chamfered seal and a spring for the groove
C. A new spring and boost valve
D. A long-lipped seal for the reverse servo

Are these accessible and easy enough to install? Or require more technical disassembly/re-assembly?

Would it also be smart at this point to install a new 1-2 and 2-3 accumulator assembly? (New pistons, rings)

Thanks,
Buffbuh
husky_jeff is offline   Reply With Quote