Thread: Recall
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
i_a_n112784
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to i_a_n112784
Re: Recall

I work at a dealership as a tech, and yes there are instructions for refunds, as I just fix them, you'd need to call and talk to a service writer for specifics on what to do. With the switches, more of the windstars melt and get heat damaged from leaking than any of the others I see. If a switch is found to be leaking, it gets replaced, the cruise servo gets inspected, as well as the abs module. The damage to the wiring gets repaired, should be free, if your dealer calls ford to get it approved as related damages.
TO TELL IF YOU HAVE A NEW STYLE SWITCH is easy, the new style switches have a more round looking conector, the old ones are rectangular.
If a switch is not leaking, a fused harness is installed inbetween your car's harness and the switch. The fuses will blow before any damage occours to the vehicle, or fire for that matter. The harness takes about 5 min to install, and after the harness is in place, it is no longer ford's problem if the swith leaks because it won't cause fire (the original reason for the recall).

Hope that sheds some more light on what really goes on/supposed to go on.
i_a_n112784 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i_a_n112784 For This Useful Post:
happyautoman (10-05-2015)