Thread: gm 3800 project
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2001, 10:45 PM   #1
olds88
AF Enthusiast

gm 3800 project

hello i have a crazy idia and im qurious on your oppoinion i have found many option parts ranging from cams to headers/ the project platform is a 88 w body gm (delta 88 specificly) the only problem i will have is finding a 1991-1996 engine out of a buick ultra. these motors are the only version of the 3800 supercharged befor obd2 and i dont know if i can use a obd2 verson without headachs. i can get a chip from hyperlink, cam from compcams. use grand national pistons and rods, can custom port and pollish heads, install slightly bigger valves, harend seats and guides, a company by the name of thrasher offers headers, smaller supercharger pullys and a nos setup if i want (which i dont).

i know this souds like a waste of time money and effort (especaly conitering the engines platform) bit i love the mucle car erra were the famaly sedans and coupes were the farstest out their (satilites, polaras, torinos, ect)plus it would be a killer sleeper! plese give me your best reply and any info on wether i can sucesfuly use a jen 2 superchager on the old obd1 comuter setup thank you

p.s. i dont smoke crack

what is the world coming to???
olds88 is offline   Reply With Quote