Thread: Z06 vs Z-R1
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 11:06 PM   #10
TEXAS-HOTROD
AF Regular

It's like the old saying, "How do you compare apples to oranges" (that's not it exactly, but close enough). I have a C-4, and have driven a few different C-3s. There is a huge difference in the ride quality, performance, and handling. I have heard many people say the same when comparing the C-4 to the C-5.
I read a test article in Corvette Quartely about the performance difference between the ZR-1 and the 1997 LS-1. They were so close on lap times (on a road track) it was amazing. It had a lot of ZR-1 owners upset for the performance closeness versus cost comparison (the ZR-1 option was almost as much as the car itsself). It was like brute power against agile handling. The ZR-1 has 32 valves and makes lots of power in the upper rpm range. The LS-1 is looked at as to be low-tec, for the use of pushrods, and has a good, flat torque curve. They are both good machines. Look how brutal the Viper is (so they say), and the Vette wins the all-around comparison every year. For how many years now?
If you hurt any ZR-1 mechanicals, the parts are expensive, but then again, parts for any of the newly produced vehicles will be paid for out the @%#.
If I had a choice, it would be the ZR-1, because it looks really muscular with those wide rear wheels and for the rarity.
---TEX---
TEXAS-HOTROD is offline   Reply With Quote