View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 07:14 PM   #10
hakka
AF Enthusiast

Not crazy at all! I just but my '91 850i in June of last year. I was worried about the reliability at first, but after I met a local guy with a '92 that had 250,000 miles on it without major incident (the most major thing was a transmission replacement, but that was at 235,000 miles) I decided to go for it. I have had no problems at all. Just make sure you find an example that has been well taken car of, and be prepared to buy rims immediatly...I hate the look of the turbines.

I got mine for 17,000 USD and it had 75,000 miles on it. All I've added so far was a set of M Parallels, ported intakes, chip, and exhaust. If you're looking for a balls-out performance car this is not for you. I would recommend an e30 M3 if that is the case. The 850 is one hell of an awesome GT though....I've had it up to 120mph several times and its smooth as silk, and very quiet with the stock exhaust. The ride is excellent, and it has smooth steering. Its no sports car, due to the weight, but if you want a car that is fairly rare (around 4000 imported to the states), that gets tons of looks, and that can cruise at 150mph all day, this is the car for you.
hakka is offline   Reply With Quote