View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #12
AutostradaVR4
AF Enthusiast

Re: 3000gt's/Stealth very own off topic thread: v 5

Hey guys! long time...figured id come by and see what everyone's latest projects are. I'm in the middle of a 120k on the VR4, as well as 13g swap and a few other odds and ends.

Also in the middle of some major life decisions that i could use some outside opinions on.
I am currently in San Antonio, and like it quite a bit, but it's missing 2 things; a beach (i love saltwater fishing) and family (closest family is about 20 hrs away).
SO, i'l thinking about transfering to Ft. Myers, FL. Awesome fishing, and family in Lauderdale.
Simple choice right? not so much...

Heres where it gets a bit complicated. My facility that i'm at now is AWESOME. Great setup, great coworkers, decent management, big screen, xbox, computers, get LOTS of breaks...really sweet gig. HOWEVER, it's a difficult place to work as far as the job itself is concerned.

Ft.Myers on the other hand...still mostly good people from what i can tell. Management kinda sucks. not as nice of a facility and theyre a bit understaffed, so more time actully working. and no sweet breakroom. Also, there is not as much room for advancement there as there is in San Antonio. BUT, the job is easier. Another bonus of relocating to Ft.Myers is the housing market is amazing. I would be in the position to buy a house in about 6 months if i moved, vs about 2 years if i stay where i'm at.

So basically, If i stayed where i'm at;
+No expense and hassle of moving
-Far away from family
+Better working conditions
-Harder work
+more advancement opportunities, meaning eventually more $$$
-higher housing costs
=no fishing, but still a decent area

and if i more to FL
+fishing, and a beautiful area
+MUCH lower housing costs
-have to go through the hassle and expense of moving