View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 08:07 PM   #131
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Too early for GT500 vs '07 Skyline GTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74
(the Nissan might edge the Shelby to 60 due to awd....look for the laws of physics to make it all downshill for the GTR from there.) Ther GTR will have an edge in handling, but the race track will have to cater to the GTR to turn that into a win.
and you so sure of this because you have driven both cars, correct? look the bottom line is that we dont know anything about the GTR except speculations. we all know how car manufacturers like to tell us one thing and do another. this keeps other manufactuers from successfully getting a head start on a new idea. its called strategy and getting a head start...and this is what Nissan as been doing for decades.

and about your little physics logic...that is where you are wrong. if you have been reading and knew anything about the new speculations of the new GTR you would have noticed the new AWD system that is unlike any other. this must be the 10th time i have talked about this. drivetrain loss, weight, and all of the other downfalls of a normal AWD system do not apply to this new AWD system. i refuse to repeat myself once again...i have talked about it several times in this thread so just look back or do a little browsing.

Quote:
You are basing your conslusions on a heritage, a price tag, and the idea that Nissan feels pressure to over-perform. I am basing mine on power and knowledge about the GT500's chassis and suspension.
which has no certain relevance because you are not comparing it to anything, let alone the new GTR. any number you bring into play of the GT500 will not mean anything because we know nothing about the GTR for sure. like i said in an earlier post before this thread was brought back, we will have to re-evaluate this discussion when we have some basic information about the GTR. some of you seem to get on a high horse to brag about the GT500 and what magazine articles say about it. well, those same people have nothing to compare it too. so these points and opinions have no validity when trying to argue that it is going to be better or on par as the GTR.
Quote:
To put it bluntly, you are saying that the GTR will be able to outrun wholesale a E46 BMW M3 that has been infused with roughly 100 more hp and an even greater increase in torque. In light of the fact that the GT500's supension setup has claimed several race track victories over E46 M3's in a car with closer to 400hp than the GT500's 475+ this is an accurate summation.
no, i said it should...beings we are have a discussion on no apparent data. all we have is speculations. so my speculation is just a good as the next person. i would speculate that the GTR will have better performance than an E46 M3 and less performance than a Porshe 911 Twin Turbo. i used simple logic to come to these terms...simple logic being, if a car built for the same purpose as another with a different price tag. depending on that certain price tag it should be better or worse. our automotive industry revolves around this theory and logical way of thinking.
Quote:
I have read all that you have said, but I just don't see it.
And I feel the same...If you would feel free to open up a new thread after the New York Auto Show that debuts the new GTR, I would be more than happy to further discuss this debate with you and whoever else feels that I am out of my mind. As for right now, this topic has been beaten to death for 9 pages. I feel that anything you have to say, I can combat with quotes from previous posts of my own. Feel free to post and then go back and read my comments in an earlier posts because I am almost positive anything i say would just be repetitive. You have no basis for a good argument for the simple fact that we "KNOW" asbolutely nothing about the new GTR.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote