View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 11:30 AM   #4
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: What to buy? 17 year old first car (used)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B. View Post
Of the group you list, there are two that I can recommend without reservation:
Honda Civic
Mazda 6

Another one would be the Nissan Sentra.
I'll narrow it down even further. Mazda 6: you'll get more for your money with one of those.
Don't get me wrong, Honda Civics are legendary for their reliability and they are great in their own way, and it's the same with the Nissan sentra. The Mazda 6 comes with something the other two don't; fun, especially with a manual transmission. Before I bought my current car, I tested and almost bought a Mazda 6. Then the guy decided he didn't want to sell it, and honestly I don't blame him. It was awesome to drive in every way. The steering was fantastic, it handled corners like a dream, and it wasn't insanely powerful, but when you put you foot down, it will definitely get up and go. The other two are kind of dull. Low on power and they don't quite grip the road as well. I wouldn't want you to get bored with your car, boredom leads to bad ideas, especially when a car is involved.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeCStig For This Useful Post:
Ethrax (05-27-2016)