View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

Ferrari 330 P4 Spyder 1/24 - In memory of Ing. M. Zambelli 1936-2016

This build i am gonna make will be didicated to the memory of a great engeneer, and family friend Martino Zambelli, sadly recently passed away and never forget.

Zambelli has been the chief engeneer at Osca Maserati and later at Campagnolo, and was specialized in the magnesium casting parts of all the main italian racers of the 60s.
Yes, he was the one projecting casting and selling the amazing campagnolo wheels all over the world.
He was a great family friend and very close colleague to ing. Mauro Forghieri, that everybody knows. During the 40 yrs I knew him I loved to listen to all his incredible tales about that heroical era of Motorsport, and when years ago I asked him which has been his favourite work, he mentioned the 330p4, the car he made the wheels to be winner at Daytona in that super famous picture...
Too many remindings and too many feelings. personal ones. deeply personal...
We will miss you dear Martino.

So the model I am converting now is the fujimi p4.
Time ago i asked in car modeling section about the main differences from the closed version. George pointed out with a simple picture the way to proceed.
I never made the fujimi p4 before, had it on my stash for decades being also in my opinion the nicest ferrari ever existed, together with her little sister Dino 206s, that I produced by myside in resin 2 yrs ago.

The main modifications are around the front single naca duct and the rear hatch. The cutting of the roof is probably the easiest part of the conversion...
Looking closely some pics around is easy to make mess. For example i was looking as reference Jim Glickehaus mighty p4 (chassis 846) , here at pabble beach

that according to what I know (and plz correct me if I am mistaken..) is reported as the scrapped chassis of chris amon p4 destroyed at le mans 1967 and sold as it was to jim before his amazing restoration of the vehicle..
Amon car at le mans had one duct..

but also david piper car has 2 ones...

so dunno really...
Just looking at period pictures i think p4s had single duct only, probably the 2 ones were for 412P cars..

and here my model...

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino

Last edited by lovegt40; 01-18-2017 at 06:06 AM.
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote