View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 08:57 PM   #91
wedgemotor
AF Regular

I think most people would agree that new performance cars are far superior to old musclecars in terms of how they perform. This is where it ends. To fully understand this, you cannot deny that it has taken Detroit, and the world for that matter a long time to catch up to the engine performance of the 60's. It was a pinnacle time, in a different era. We are now in the midst of another performance generation albeit the cars are different, and they have to be. Musclecar's were the pinnacle of what detroit did before emission control. Obviously those cars are not going to put down the numbers today, and gasoline is different. To call these calls silly, I guess you are just not a fan, and that's ok. What can't be duplicated in today's performance cars is the rattle of the windows at high speeds, and the way your heart skips a beat when you down shift, (before the days when the computer tells you to downshift). The final thing that is the smell of CAM 2, the grabber blue paint, and the music of solid lifter canted valve SBF. That is why I don't think it's a silly thing.